Recipe by Chef Jay Johnson
HANA SWEET POTATO SOUP WITH COCONUT CURRY AND CANDIED GINGER
1 lb local purple sweet potato
1 cup leeks chopped and washed
1 Tbs lemongrass, chopped
1 Tbs ginger peeled, chopped
1 Tbs kaffir lime leaves, chopped
1 Tbs garlic chopped
3 qt cold water
Sea salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to stock pot and simmer
till potatoes are tender.
- Let cool then blend with vita-mix or stick
blender until desired consistency.
- Add sea salt to taste and let rest if soup gets
too thick just add water to a thick creamy consistency.
2 cups fresh coconut milk
2 Tbs dry curry powder
- In a sauce pan, combine coconut milk and curry powder.
- Heat and reduce to half.
- Garnish: Heat soup and garnish with coconut curry and candied ginger.